The Stephen Smith House is dedicated to preserving his legacy, and celebrating the history of his life, and work. The original summer home displays artworks, furniture and historic artifacts original to the house, and more.
The mission of the Stephen Smith House is the preservation of Stephen Smith's legacy by maintaining his summer house as a testament to his achievements, and by serving as a partner in the community, as it strives to preserves the Afro-American history in Cape May.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Jo-Anne Hampton - Founder
- Ruth Williams, Non-profit Organization Management
- Kathy McGinn, V.P., Wells Fargo Bank
- Barton Ross, AIA, AICP, LEED AP,
- Alicia L. Jackson, S.V.P., MEE Productions Inc., Membership
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Bernadette Matthews, 1st Vice President, The Chamber of Commerce of Greater Cape May